Does your mother and DH get along?

After the biggest fight i've ever seen in the past few years i'm thinking its safe to say my hubby and mommy don't get along.. what about yours?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 1:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• My mom complains about my husband and my husband complains about my mom. They've gotten into it once or twice. They're friendly enough towards each other, but my mom drives my husband batty and I don't know how my mom really feels, she'd never tell me because she knows it would piss me off. My mom just has always had a really hard time adjusting to the fact that a man comes before her. We've always been really close, but I think she still kinda expects to come before him and that's just really not going to happen. I love her to death, but there comes a point where it's time to fly from the nest if you know what I mean.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My mother isn't really a part of our lives, because of her husband. If it wasn't for him they would get along, but we don't ever visit for more than 15 mins.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My husband can not stand my mother, so he simply has nothing to do with her. Instead of telling her to shut the hell up, he will leave if she does come visit. I can't really stand her either and I often let her know she is on my last nerve and it is time for her to leave.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• my mom loves my dh like a son, they are very close. Now my mil and i thats a whole other story lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My mother and my sweetheart talk about me behind my back. They get along so great that they're ganging up on me.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My mother loves my dh like her own son.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My DH and my mom get along. He's always polite and respectful to her and my dad too. He knows I'd be really mad if he said something out of line... :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Both of my parents think my dh is a Saint! lol I had 3 kids when my dh and I met and my parents told me that a man who was willing to step in and take care of 3 kids who weren't his was either crazy, or an incredibly nice guy. He treats me and my kids really well, and my parents see that.

Answer by missanc at 9:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My parents get along with my husband! Thank goodness. It would be awful to have animosity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes my mom and my dh get along very well. My dh has alot of respect for my mom, and my mom knows what a good man/father my dh is. I'm very grateful for this! lol
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 11:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2010