Please help. 6 month old teething, anyone with experience in this dept. welcome to answer!!!!

So my DS is awake as I type. He's crying uncontrollably because he's teething. I don't know what to do for him. He's FREAKING OUT! I mean, crying and about to throw up. How long until they come in? I know it's his two bottom ones cause he got an xray on his chest sat morning and it caught his mouth. They are RIGHT there and I can see little white lines on his gums but I can't tell if he's swelling or not. This has been going on every night for the last week! I need answers now cause I'm so close to finishing school and I keep missing days because he keeps me up all freakin night long!!!!!!!!!!

mandi_m

Asked by mandi_m at 1:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It last for a while. He is old enough for you to give him baby ora gel and those homeopathic teething tablets....You can find those everywhere. If he doesn't have a paci you might try one. They need to chew on something to help break the skin. Get him some teething rings it will help alot.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Have you tried the baby branded teething gels? My sister uses that and she says it helps some.

I myself used frozen waffles to help with the pain. Sounds weird, but it worked. It helped ease the pain and was safe. Just a suggestion. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Orajel makes me nervous especially at bedtime because it's said that it can numb their throat and make it hard to swallow and there is a lot of spit when teething. My son is teething too and I can see the two white lines on the bottom also. I'd try tylenol 30 minutes or so before bedtime, I just had to do the same with my son tonight after he cried for an hour and a half. I also give him popcycles during the day and that helps a lot. The teething tablets worked great for my second son. My mom used cold wet wash clothes with me when I was a baby and I guess that worked good, just put it in the freezer for a bit. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep soon!
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Oragel, tylenol, ibprophine...
    Also, wet a baby wash cloth and freeze it and let him chew on it.
    Unfortunately - it is just a really uncomfortable time for them and they just really need our love! I am so sorry it is being so hard for you guys. Will pray!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Mine had 6 teeth come through in 3 days, so baby oragel didn't work for her. That being said, I rubbed her gums for her, and then also let her chew on a teething toy that i had in the freezer so it got really cold. It helped her. Also, a little bit of baby tylenol will help dull the pain for yuor baby. Oh, and I used humphreys teething meds. Those helped a lot! Good luck!!!
    mowilliams

Answer by mowilliams at 2:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• hey mowilliams! I would love for my DS to have 6 teeth pop through in 3 days!! lol, this is my 4th night that I've been going through hell for 2 teeth, I'm really hoping he doesn't have this much of a problem with his other teeth! You were really lucky!! Send some luck my way lol
    mandi_m

Answer by mandi_m at 2:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• hylands teething tabs
    frozen, damp washcloths
    lots of extra nursing (for comfort and nutrition)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• try humphrys teething tablets, give him infants ibprophen before bed, my son dr said to give a bit more then what the box says for recomended dose. you could try frozen fruits or veggies. Some moms may be against this and its a bit old fashioned but after trying everything with my son when he started teething i tried just a tiny amount of whiskey on my finger rubbing his gums and it seemed to help, basically i got one of those shot size bottles for 99cents and would shake it with my fingure covering the opening then rubbing it all over the gums and it helped. I didn't wanna use whiskey but my mom suggested i try it once. Well it worked so i used it but only very lil and only if he was really fussy because his gums hurt. he now has 8 teeth and haven't used it since his first two came in. Also another old school remedy is let him chew on your house or car keys, but my son wouldn't chew a paci or anything else but keys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Tylenol works amazing fo rour daughter. She screams cries and throws up too. Tylenol was the only thing that worked and still works for her. For her 1 does makes her feel better all day.
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 7:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Baby Tylenol works well. Poor little baby! Hope he gets through this and feels better soon !:)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2010