How to say Sorry when I was so wrong???

I fell in love with man name, "Jim". I confess my love to him but he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship although he loved , cared, and always be there for me at the same time he didn't see a future with us. I was hearbroken and devasted for the next couple of weeks. His roomate apporached me and we started to date and have a sexual relationship without telling Jim. On monday I told Jim about the roomate and myself because i found out his roomated was being unfaithful to me. Since then I have regretted not only telling Jim but starting anything with the roomate -when I had such strong feelings for Jim. Jim was not only upset but now refuses to speak to me about the roomate and our relationship. I have apologized several times through texts as he won't answer my calls/texts but still no response. What or how can I tell him I was hurt and vunerable and my heart truly belongs to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• The only thing you really can do is explain that and tell him how sorry you are, but then give him some space. Hopefully he'll come around. Maybe try again in a week or so. I know when I get really, really upset, it's best to give me space and after I have a while to think about it, I'll normally contact whoever made me mad and except their apology. If he didn't see a future with you to begin with though, he shouldn't really be upset like that in the first place, I don't understand that one. He had to of expected you to move on if you knew you wouldn't be able to be with him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Doesn't matter, he never saw a future with you anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You did not love him if you jumped into bed with another man in a few short weeks. That is NOT love. It is time for you to think about learning to love yourself and work on that. Then you can find someone to be happy with but not until then,
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Hi Everyone,

We've removed several answers from this question, and wanted to explain why.

We'd like Answers to be a place where everyone feels comfortable asking and answering questions. Ideally, when a mom posts a question in Answers, she'll get responses from other moms that address the question she's asking.

While debates around hot topics are welcomed and encouraged, personal attacks are not. We want everyone to feel comfortable debating their point of view about any topic without being personally attacked for their beliefs.

With that in mind, we have removed several answers from this question because they were personally attacking other members instead of discussing the original post.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 2:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• All you can do is work on yourself. You can't change Jim but you can work on you. Seek counsiling or at least soul searching to find out why you sought not only anothers bed but his room mates bed. Work on being happy with just you for now, get to know yourself better. Let Jim have his space and focus on just yourself for now.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'm sure he saw your actions as an example of what life would be like in a relationship with you. I'm not bashing. I'm giving an objective opinion and guessing what he's thinking. Give him some time and work on making better choices about relationships. It sounds like you went with the roommate out of emotions and not logic and without thinking of the potential consequences. Many of us have done it but learn from it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I don't think you did anything wrong..he told you he didn't see a future with you so,sounds like you kinda rebounded to make yourself feel better (which is OKAY btw)... don't let him make you feel guilty about something you had every right to do. If I were you, I would just say "oh well,lesson learned here"..and move on to better! :)
    Stay Strong!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I think it may be too late. You had a secret relationship with someone he's very close to. Admitting it was good of you because he would have found out in the end anyway. It tells him your very honest! But, normally men can't or won't look past the thought of you with someone they know like that. If he comes around and says he can or will try. He may, and consider yourself lucky if it works out.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010