Do the people who don't work deserve our hard-earned money?

Can't we at least pick who gets the money? I don't want to give my cash to some person who has no interest in bettering themself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It depends on the situation. If they are just lazy and will not work then no they should get no hand outs. If they are working and trying they should be able to get help. If they are disabled then they too should recieve help.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Can I at least read their story online and give them money instead of the government taking it out of my check?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• LOL I don't think that is an option you will ever get
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My father was disabled at 22 (i was 3 mo old) & lived on assitance for the rest of his life. he died at age 58. Did he deserve it support even though he didnt work very much in his life? I'd say so. I also got Social security as a young child due to his disablity. Did I deserve it? I would say so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My husband just read me a text he got last night. It basically said that we have to take drug tests to work and pay taxes on our income, but our taxes go to people who don't have to take drug tests to recieve it. They sit on their asses, doing their drugs or drinking all the time and don't even try to find employment when nothing is wrong with them. Like my ex husband as an example and he also works for cash under the table and doesn't report it to unemployment while he probably sits at home high all day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• What about people who dont work hard for their money? Like over paid athletes & movie stars? And those big shot corporate bosses? Does that count too? If you dont work hard, like you dont dig ditches all day or pick up garbage does your money still count?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Anon if you ex is drawing unemployment he obviously had to work prior to it. He had to work for a certain amount in each quater that he is drawing off of.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Why do you people hate widowed housewives and orphaned children so much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Basketball players have accountants that help them pay their taxes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Who said they did anon :39? If the widows dead husband worked her and her kids will receive SSI on all of them...
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2010