What are some ways to potty-train a 3 year old and 22month old?

We're trying to find the best ways to potty-train both kids at the same time. Please give any suggestions you might have!! Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Naked out in your back yard! That's what we did with our boy! Daughter, we just gave her a potty at age 2 and she used it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I just potty trained my ds (2 1/2) I got him a simple toy that he could only play with when he was sitting on the potty - then gave him m&m's every time he went - here is the trick - when you first start give yourselves m&m's when you or DH goes - we did this for two days - anyone who used the bathroom in our house got m&m's (you feel silly but it works) - also make sure no one gives them m&ms (or whatever reinforcer you use) for any other reason - Also Elmo's potty time is a great DVD.
    I gave mine a lot to drink the first couple of days so that he would have a lot of chances for sucess
    I used pull ups for dd and it took a year before she was trained - with my son I went straight to underpants (Told him his diapers were too small) we started only 3 weeks ago and he has gone five days straight now with no accidents
    hope it works for you - I think two at a time might be hard at first, but then work well as one gets it,
    jtchil

Answer by jtchil at 1:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2010