Normal for nesting at 33 weeks?

Is anyone else having the urge to clean anything and everything in your home? (I usually dread the cleaning days) My SO comes home from work the other day and Im to the point of cleaning baseboards around the floor! LOL He is so suprised about the bursts of cleaning energy I have (at 33 weeks). I feel like everything needs to be perfectly clean for baby. I do open all windows and doors so fumes aren't a problem. Also it's killing me to not tear the tags off the new little boy clothes and wash them now. Is it a better idea just to leave them and wait to make sure he is a he? Just wondering if I'm the only crazy cleaner? How early did you start the Nesting phase?

ashley_2187

Asked by ashley_2187 at 2:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No-I have 3 kids and just had a baby. My last pregnancy I nested around 33 weeks and then off and on right up until the day before labor. I did rip the tags off and washed the clothes too-if it makes you feel better-why not? What you are experiencing is very normal! I organized every closet in my house-and I am the most unorganized person ever! Cleaning is never a bad thing-just make sure to rest :) Easier said the done I know!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 3:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes this happened to me at 33 weeks too! It makes me feel so much better when I clean the floors and the bathroom and the whole house..I've been wanting to wipe the ceiling fans clean and the whole bathroom wall but I get too exhausted before I get there lol
    Lulu_101

Answer by Lulu_101 at 4:15 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• my nesting started at about 30 weeks. A lot of it is induced by my depression and need to do something to get my mind off of what's going on.. but recently it has started getting really bad (I'm 34 weeks now). It's normal! I cleaned an entire apartment practically BY MYSELF (painted, cleaned, moved stuff in) at 35 weeks with my last baby! Everything had to be ready!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2010