What type of blog would you like to read?

I'll admit, I'm a WAHM because I can't stand to be away from my son. I tried working full time after my husband and I split up. So now I'm doing any and everything to make money from home while I'm getting my medical transcription certification. I want to start a blog that might make a little money as well, but I need a good topic, and there are just SO many to choose from. Help me out ladies. What's a topic that you would actually be interested in reading a blog about, regularly?

Kristanene

Asked by Kristanene at 2:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can make money off of blogs? I didn't know that. How does that happen?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• By gaining an eventual following and letting advertisers use space on your blog for ads, which they will pay you for..and through things like Google AdSense. It's not an immediate process, but can be done.
    Kristanene

Answer by Kristanene at 3:21 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My DF and I just started a food blog and we like to present what we cook for dinner each night and our food adventures. He's a web designer and he's been working hard to get people to read our stuff and follow us on Twitter.

When it comes to myself personally, I love to read blogs about food, lifestyle, mothering, and housekeeping. It's also great to kick back and read a celebrity blog every once in a while. Some of the blogs are really useful and creative. Even those for entertainment are great to read (i.e. Faces in Places). If I were you, I'd start at what I'm good at (cooking, crafting, baking, etc.) and start from there. Get your digital camera and take pictures.

Our blog is wecookdinner.blogspot.com/ just so that you can get an idea of where to start. I'm something will click for you too! Good luck!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• The only ones I read regularly are news commentary/analysis and healthy eating. This is one of my favorites: www.veganlunchbox.blogspot.com

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I personally have 2 blogs. One is Work At Home related and the other is Inspirational and Motivational. The key to bloging is to write about things you know. I would say why not write about balancing life, kids, work, money... that's what a WAHM does - balance. So, turn it in to a blog. You could call it something like "Mommy's Highwire" and write about everything from business to faith - the point being to keep it all in your life without being overwhelmed... and of course you could cover the topics of what to do when you are overwhelmed and how to relax...

Let me know, I'll follow you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I only read my friends' blogs and one called overcaffinateddad because it's funny. If yours is entertaining, I'd read it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010