symptoms of "stones"? My husband has a hard time peeing and now it hurts when he ejaculates, but he has gone through some test and even though the Dr thinks it might be a gallbladder or kidney stone they can't find it can it be something else? (some blood in urine and seemen)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• http://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/blood-in-urine/semen-symptoms.htm (i dont know how to make it a clickable link sorry)
    and ....
    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/457632-overview

thats all i could find. hope something helps good luck and hope things get better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• drinks LOTS of WATER. Give up the SODA/POP and soon this will pass.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 8:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Jumping will help move stones unless they are really large but if they were large the doctor could see them in an xray. I know this sounds dumb but I have a history of kidney stones and jumping is a simple way that helps. It sure beats all the surgeries. I would think prostate problem but if the dr didn't think so then I must be wrong. I agree to drink lots of water and cranberry juice or beer to keep the kidneys flushed out. Have him stay off coffee and soft drinks.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• did he go to a primary? If he did maybe try a urologist - they work a lot with men with both prostate and kidney stone problems. If he goes to e r for some reason he can ask for a urologist consult then too after nothing found with the regular e r. Lots of times e r docs are specifically trained in e r. Who knows maybe it's a tiny stone and just extremely hard to find - an experienced urologist's eye might pick it up.

What if is hope he feels better! My husband's had a few kidney stones attacks but they've always been found. Calcium had someting to do with it too. Maybe google a large hospital's urology dept. for ideas.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i get seriously bad pain in my back. hot baths help and he can use azo to help him pee. it may be that he has an infection from a stone that has already passed.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My DH gets kidney stones, and he'll always notice that, a few days before the actual pain starts, he starts feeling kinda nauseous and lethargic. Then the trouble urinating starts a day or two before the pain, and when the pain hits he says it feels like someone scraping the inside of his back with a knife. If there is a lot of pain, and especially if you notice blood, it is a good idea to take him to the doctor b/c the stones are sometimes too large to pass, and there are also prescription drugs that help them pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2010