OMG someone help me

so my son is waking up at night 1 am 3am 4am 6 am all hours off the night and cries and cries and cries, and doesnt wanna sleep he is 3. not a baby you know... what do i do now, i tried talking to him and all he does is cry i tried to talk to him, he just cries and cries and cries im so lost on whats going on..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he thirsty, make sure u don't have bed bugs. U can look at his body for that to make sure he does not have bite marks.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 5:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Put him in bed with you. I had non-sleepers and sleepers. Give me the sleepers any day of the week but oh well cant help the luck of the draw. What saved my sanity, getting over all those mothers with perfect sleepers and getting sleep myself....a sleep deprived mother is not a great answer for any kid.
    turtle68

Answer by turtle68 at 5:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I second the vote bringing him into your bed for a while.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• He could be having night terrors. My son used to get them at his age. My son would wake up crying and when I would try to get him to calm down and ask him what was wrong, he wouldn't respond and just kept crying and crying. It was because he was still in his nightmare. He seemed as though he was awake, eyes open, looking around, looking at me, but in fact, he was still in his dream. There isn't really much you can do except talking to him in his ear and say, "it's ok, mommy's here, you're ok," and having him sleep in your bed until he calms down.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 6:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• my son went through that at about 6 months it was awful so it may be night terrors because he would seem alert but continued to scream, night terrors are different then night mares because a night terror you child will have memory of when he snaps out of it, but as for a nightmare he will have a vague clue it was bad dream, the best thing is hold him and comfort him just let him know he is ok, and your there.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 7:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Could be an ear infection. Take him to the doctor for a once over to make sure it's not his health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My son is 3 and going through the same thing. My DH goes to him every night around midnight. Sometimes it is worth than others. Last night was a bad one. He woke crying, DH tried to calm him, he could not. He began to scream he had to pee. I took him to the bathroom and he screamed the whole time. I said, ok lets go back upstairs. He turned around and looked at me all wild eyed and terrified. I scooped him up and he clung to me for dear life. I took him to my bed with the light on. He calmed down and eventually let me tuck him back in. I leave his door open. and he has a 4 yr old brother he shares a room with that seems to bring him comfort too. This will pass, I promise. I don't think your son is quite all there when he wakes in the night. Just turn a light on and hold him, try to wake him all the way up. My nephew went through night terrors...they do pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• OP HERE, I dont know ladies, he isnt all there but he gets up and can walk to the bathroom he wouldnt drink anything eat anything or go to the bathroom.. there isnt really anything wrong with him.
    it seems like clock work wakes up midnight then one then 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 all night long and it takes about 20 mins each time to make him stop crying and go to bed, I do have another child and I am 6 months pregnant just feel like i am at a lose, if i put him in my bed then i worry he isnt gonna wanna sleep in his bed..
    Anonymous

• Is he still taking a nap in the day - maybe eliminate the nap and he will sleep better at night? I don't consider myself a "Co sleeper" but I do bring my kids in bed when they wake up - if you can tolerate it and DH can deal with it maybe you will all get some more sleep
    jtchil

Answer by jtchil at 1:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• OP here, he doesnt nap and he gets up at 8am.. mm that about 4 hours asleep a night.. not sure what is going on he just started this 2 weeks ago NEVER EVER done it before...I do not cosleep, and a single mom.. but thinking maybe this is all cause of dad he is normally around and hasnt been for a few weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2010