the baby & amniotic fluid

Okay so the other day me and my sister were talking about the baby and amniotic fluids.. We came across a question that I never really thought about asking anyone..So here it is the baby is taking in some amniotic fluids right but the baby also uses the bathroom while its inside of you so does that mean that the baby is also taking in its pee and stuff?? This is weird I know but its a question Ive had on my mind..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yup! Thats just what it means!!! lol... But it is ALL amnio fluid, and they dont poop in there (or they shouldnt!)

If they do poop, then the baby was a chance of not breathing right... Only happens if way over due, so dont worry about it!!!

:o)
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 7:46 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• The fetal kidneys and liver filter out stuff. Since mom's blood and the placenta help filter out the baby's blood, mom's body is removing dangerous waste. The "pee" in the amniotic fluid isn't staying in there, getting stronger or more concentrated. Mom's body filters it out.

The idea is a little gross, but the system obviously works quite well.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2010