Moby Wrap Mommy's

I want to make my own moby wrap. I have a cold weather one I made for my son (flannel)... But I am due in June and know it is way to hot to wear that one! So can any Mommy tell me what it is made from? I just cant seem to find out!

Thanks!!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 7:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 100% Cotton
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I made my own by getting 2.5 yards of 100% cotton (the stuff at walmart for quilting, paid like $2.5 a yard) cut that in half long ways so I had 2 strips 2.5 yards long, sewed the short side together with a reinforced seam and then hemmed the outside edges.

you can also easily make a no-sew one using knit fabric.

check out www.wearyourbaby.com for full instructions! :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i made my own with cotton gauze (not the medical kind, from the fabric store) it is thin enough to breathe but holds the baby well. best of all it is super cheap! i got 6 yards for $15 and was able to cut it length-ways so i have 2 wraps. i used the instructions for a no sew wrap from www.wearyourbaby.com. now that my youngest is not a baby i really miss using my wrap!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Thank you!!!! I loved wearing my son! I made my 1st out of 6 yards of green flannel... Its just too hot for the summer...

Thank you!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 10:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I used jersey knit for mine but that's really stretchy and doesn't hold an older baby well. Cotton gauze sounds like a really good idea!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• mine's double woven cotton - I like it for NO stretch.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2010