Anyone in Gastonia,NC

Im 34 weeks and someone told me that if you dont watch a video about an epidural then when you do go into labor and ask for one they wont give you one because you dont know the side affects and risk on it(They say they put it in your files)..Well Ive never heard of this before and they say at Gaston Hospital they changed it to where that happens..Does anyone know anything about this or is it a lie..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of that, ask the hospital where you are going to have you baby.
    I will say tho look in to it and really research. I got one and 9 months later still having major back pain. Never had it before the epi so I can only assume that it was from having a huge needle jammed in my back LOL
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I had 2 epidurals, in NC too, never watched a video on it! most recent was almost 3 years ago though.

I'd call the hospital, L&D and just ask. that way if you need to watch a video before hand, you can get that over with.

I had some lower back pain for a month or 2, but nothing major, and definitely not enough from the first one that I didn't want it again with #2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i also had 2 epidurals in NC (in Hickory at Frye Regional), i have never heard of this video. I'd do what anon :50 says and call labor and delivery and ask, or maybe even ask your doctor. I never had any problems with either of my epidurals for long term. I did get a spinal headache immediately after both of them, but it was easily taken care of with medicine.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• well i am from NC and i had an epidural vid shown to me at my providers office and they made me sign a consent form and everything that went into my file and was faxed to the hospital before i went into labor, so yes there are some places that want u to watch the vid first. i can remember but i think it was mandatory before getting the epidural... i also think that they can show it to you in the hospital if u go early enough. u should be on the phone now asking your ob or at the hospital u are giving birth at.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2010