Is there really a difference between a skank and a slut?

I don't think that urban dictionary is a reliable source, so I figured I'd ask you ladies what your opinions are on this. I think that they mean the same thing: A scandelous and permiscuos (sp?) female that doesn't have any respect for herself. Are they different?

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 9:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when i hear skank..i think its just a nastier version of a slut because it sounds like skunk..so its like a stinky slut...a non bathing, dirty, greasy haired skank
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I think one cleans herself between clients while the other doesn't.
    If she smells bad, then she's a skank.

That's my guess anyway....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I agree that nasty is an important element of being a good skank. I might add that I've met male sluts so it's not limited to females.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'll say they're the same thing considering I wouldn't like to be either.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Well, Nicole... I cannot believe you would even post something like this, We, as women, should not even allow these words into our dictionaries. Common, every day, speech? Not unless this type of stuff is in YOUR life. I, personally, don't have these words in my language, well, because, I don't need them. I don't allow this stuff into my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i think really they mean the same..skank probably just originated in london or something and then became popular here...but they have the same meaning
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I think they are the same. But who cares. I don't use words like that. Ugh.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'm so glad some mommies don't use words like those. I know a lot of words I don't actually use . . .
    Skank seems dirtier than slut. Also, someone can be skanky for reasons other than sleeping around whereas a slut is most definitely bed hopping (or wherever she does it if not in a bed.) A skank can just be someone who dresses provocatively, but isn't clean, so who's going to hit that? Nobody.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• This question cracks me up...differentiating between levels of promiscuity? I think we all need to get outa the house lol :) .. but to add my 2 cents, I think the two are interchangeable..skank is the newer word for slut imo, I could be wrong, but ask me if I care :) :) :)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:28 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• There really isn't a right or wrong to this. And anon 9:29, at least I am woman enough to own up to what I post. I don't use these words in my daily vocabulary, but I got into a little debate with somebody (not on CM) because I think they mean the same, and this person was saying they aren't the same. I was just curious as to what others think they mean. Whether you use the words or not, you still hear them. Whether you want to or not, your brain still interprets it as something when you hear it. And Admckenzie, you are absolutely right, males can be sluts lol. Thank you for adding that.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2010