Wii Fit Mommy's? Tell us your experience and what games you enjoy the most.

DH and I are thinking about buying a wii mainly for weightloss reasons. I want to see if anyone has had any luck with losing weight, how much, and what games give the best workout. Thank you in advance!

poetress1218

Asked by poetress1218 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have been using the Wii first for just over a week now, and I have seen a considerable difference in inches. I gave birth two months ago and that's 13 months after giving birth to my son. Needless to say I had a few extra unwanted pounds. Since I've only been doing it for over a week I haven't seen much of a difference in weight loss. However, one always loses inches in body shape before they lose weight. Like I said, I have lost a lot of inches. My tummy has gone down in size, my thighs are thinner, my figure is coming back. I really am starting to see that my workouts are working.

I have Wii Fit Plus, so I am using the routines on there. They have ones specifically geared towards what you're looking to change. Whether it's figure, stomach, butt, thighs, toning shoulders or back, etc. I usually do super hoola hoop, long distance run, rowing squats, and a few other strength and cardio workouts. It's a lot of fun too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:55 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I've hit a plateau in the weight loss, but have still been dropping clothes sizes.

I love it!!! I highly recommend it for the fitness!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My fiance bought the Family a WII for christmas, one family gift a year.It's awsome the kids and us(the parents) come together and have fun it's awsome.As an exercise it's way cool! I get a work out every time I play anything.I havn't gotten the foot pad yet.We plan to after we move next week.I like playing golf and bowling and the boxing is a wicked workout for entire body.Love it in everyway!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We have WiiFit, WiiFit Plus, and risers for the platform. I mainly use the step program from the original WiiFit, just set it for 20-30 minutes and then turn back to the tv while it keeps the time and pace for me. My dh uses the exercise programs set up in the WiiFit Plus.
    I love it!

Answer by missanc at 10:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If you're not into video games I don't recommend it. I thought I would love it but it turns out I have no interest in playing it. As for our kids, they love it. I like the fact that it keeps them moving. I just wish I did like it more, then I would be moving more too...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I haven't broken out the wii fit plus that I got for my birthday 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure why. I have been using the Biggest Loser for the Wii. It has been kicking my butt and I love it. DH said that in less than a week he sees a difference in the way my thighs look. Haven't lost any weight, but if my body changes for the better, that's half the battle. I love the wii. the kids like it too and it hasn't become an obsession for them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2010