Relaxation and labor

I was just wondering has anyone or do you know anyone that has used a relaxation cd during the labor process and did it help at all.

junebutterfly

Asked by junebutterfly at 10:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didn't use one and I don't think I know anyone who has actually. It sounds like a nice idea though. The most relaxing thing for me was to see or have someone tell me the numbers on my contractions, so I would know ahead of time when they were about to peak and also know when they were fading away before I could actually tell that they were doing so. I did this almost obsessively with both of my labors. Must've worked; I gave birth to two beautiful children all naturally and the first only took me 8 hours, the second only 8 1/2 hours. I wouldn't say I was "relaxed" really, but I was focused and it got the job done, lol.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 1:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• BUMP
    junebutterfly

Answer by junebutterfly at 1:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2010