why does my 3 year old son complain his feet hurt all the time?

i have changed his shoes, feed him lots of banannas( heard thats good for growing pains) and have also tried a warm cloth on his feet. There doesnt look like there is physicaly anything wrong with his feet.Maybe its an excuse for him to be picked up?Which by the way doesnt work with me very often=)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Doctor Doctor Doctor...Common Sense...Doctor Doctor Doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• here's a little test... get some construction paper, any color will work. put vaseline on the the bottom of his feet, a nice thin coating. then stand him on the paper. don't let him move or rock, you want an impression of his feet. It only takes a second. Pick him up off the paper. Now look at the print.

see which of these it matches with most

http://getfitwithjo.co.uk/files/wet_foot_print_test.jpg

flat feet hurt!

if it's anything but normal, talk to the doctor about insoles/arch supports

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Just take him to the doctor. There could be abnormal growth. It could be growing pains. It could simply be an excuse. We don't know, we're not doctors.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:52 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I agree. If he constantly complains then there is something going on only a doctor can figure out for sure

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'm still thinking shoes myself. Anything from being too small, too tight, too large can hurt feet.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• To me that sounds like he just wants to be picked up. My little brother was the same way when he was that age, he always said he had "bones" in his legs lol. If he still complains even when you do pick him up, there may be something wrong with his feet. I would ask a doctor just to be safe though.
    jgagesmommy09

Answer by jgagesmommy09 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My son is almost 4 and he is always complaining that his feet hurt aswell. I was thinking that he was just making it up so that he doesnt have to clean up or do chores and he loves to be carried but i cant carry him he wieghs 55 lbs and im 6 months pregnant. We have even spent a ton of money on the stride ride shoes that are XXwide but nothing seems to be doing the trick. I have noticed that he does have extreamly flat feet and ingrown toe nails like myself. Remebering how much pain i was in as a kid with my feet i have decided to play it safe and call the doctors.
    mvargas1519

Answer by mvargas1519 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2011