Who here uses a breadbox of some sort? If not where do you put your bread?

I have a breadbox, but I don't use it, I just put the bread on top of the refrigerator.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I store the bread in the refrigerator. I know you aren't supposed to, but I've had bread mold, so now I keep it refrigerated.

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I use a bread box, everyone else in the house leaves it out on the counter, then I put it up and they suddenly forget that we even have bread... they'll go buy some and I'll be like "we had some!" "WHERE?" "In the bread box DUH!" LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I freeze my bread until I need it. Once it's unfrozen, I store it in the refrigerator. I used to store it on top of the refrigerator until I noticed that it can get hot up there and my bread would mold faster.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 10:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We keep ours in the fridge too. I have never heard that you shouldn't...how strange, I wonder what the reasoning is behind that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Bread is stored in the fridge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• it'll go stale faster in the fridge. won't matter much to someone that uses a lot of bread like making kids' lunches daily for school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I've never heard or thought of storing the bread in the refrigerator. It never lasts long enough to get moldy around here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We keep ours in the pantry.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:40 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We keep ours in a breadbox
    shannipoo714

Answer by shannipoo714 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We either freeze it and take out slices as needed or keep it in a basket on the counter.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2010