How the hell do you relieve morning sickness?

I have been vomiting every morning till about 3pm and I am in hell. Plus I have 2 other babes at home so any suggestions, no matter how crazy, would be great.

MissV_66

Asked by MissV_66 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I ate sour candies like crazy, it was the only thing that helped me. When I'd start to get that sick feeling, I'd eat a candy. Jolly Ranchers or Altoids Sours
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Saltine crackers by the bed .I grabbed them and ate 2 or 3 and sowly got up outta bed.No more sickness.Worked for 4 pregnancies.My mom told me, thank god she had!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:32 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Vitamin B6--you can buy it wherever you buy aspirin/ibuprofin. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I'm so sorry you are having such horrible morning sickness. Honestly, nothing worked for me, I just threw up 24/7 for the first tri-mester. However, I have heard/read that Ginger helps alleviate morning sickness. Try Googing it for some recommendations on how to use it.

Again, I can really relate to how awful you are feeling. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 10:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Talk to your dr - there are some medications for morning sickness. I had it 24/7 for 9 months straight with my 4th, tried 3 different meds none of which worked. I was still throwing up as they were wheeling me into the operating room for my csection. Eat what you can, when you can, I know it's miserable and I feel for you!

Answer by missanc at 10:50 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Ask your doctor about Zofran.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:51 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• One thing that always helped me was snacking often. I know that when you are vomiting you don't feel like eating but if you can choke down some saltine crackers every half-hour or so it may help. I know that if I let my stomach get empty or close to empty then the vomiting started so I never went anywhere without crackers. I felt like I was eating non-stop but it really did seem to help. I hope you begin to feel better soon!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 10:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Seabands acupressure wrist bands-- drug store has them for $12
    a teaspoon of lemon juice or suck a lemon -- I know it sounds counter intuitive but it helps many people
    rice crackers, rice cakes-- the plain ones
    lavender oil on the wrists and behind the ears
    ginger tea
    chamomile tea
    steamed rice with ginger dressing (was the only thing I could eat for weeks)

tip: where your sunglasses while barfing in public bathrooms. it keeps the toilet water from splashing all over your face.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:26 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Reed's Jamaican Ginger Brew. I drank 4 bottles a day. Only thing that helped.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 11:27 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Peppermint tea,peppermints,ginger candy(make sure it real ginger) ...these help because they help settle your stomach and aid digestion.Crackers,dry toast,bageles toasted or not without anything,dry cereal like cheerios,rice or corn chex,anything along these lines will help.I had really bad morning sickness with some of ours and just morning sickness with the rest...any is bad to me though since I don't do upset stomaches well.I did sometimes find that eating before I got out of bed(crackers etc...)did help.With my youngest two I had to make myself eatsmall meals often to deal with it,as pp said if I ate often I didn't feel so sick but,trust me it wasn't easy to do. God bless! I hope this helps.
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 11:33 AM on Jan. 18, 2010