Anybody else still have their Christmas tree up?

So mine is a potted one over 12 feet tall and is still inside.

It has white lights and brightens up these dark winter days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol - Noooo, I got that baby down in the next two days. My living room is small and my furniture is large, so my room was so crowded with that thing in there. :-)
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Mine is put away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• No more tree and if I can get away with it next year we won't have one.. We want to take our boys on a trip over Christmas, woohoo, no mess in the house!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• The cat destroyed our fake christmas so I took it down before new years.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Our neighbours do. Of course, since its been up since the end of September, I can't say I'm surprised.

Christmas, for us, is a special season and when it drags and drags and drags it just turns into 'normal.' My grandmother believed it was terribly bad luck to have the tree up and any of the decorations out after New Year's Day. We put the tree up on the 15th of December (which is always early enough for our annual Open House) and down on Epiphany (also known as 12th Night and Little Christmas). It's a cut tree, so it's pretty dry by then...

We have lighting in our home that is suitable for the climate we live in, even in the winter, so I have no need of a lit tree to help. A friend has a live potted tree that is not a pine or fir (looks like a regular houseplant, only big) that she has white fairy lights on year round, just as regular decor. Not my style, but at least it's not 'still Christmas' there.

Buy a lamp?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I just put mine away yesterday lol
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• "I just put mine away yesterday lol"

You beat me to it! :-)
    Anonymous