Tell us about your kitchen decor? What is your primary color and theme?

My kitchen's primary color is red, the theme is sort of mixed Tuscan fruit/apples. One wall is papered in what looks like old, white-ish bricks, and the others are painted a (non-metallic) soft gold. The wallpaper border at the tops of all the walls is a mixed fruit medley, featuring apples, red, white, and green grapes, plums, etc. The cabinets, moldings, door and window trim are painted bright red. My large appliances are white, and the table and chairs are wood. I have lots of baskets, large and small, and red pottery jars. My chandelier and wall sconces are polished brass. The wall sconces hold red candles. Dishes are white with fruit around the edges. (Look up the "Chutney" pattern in Corelle. It also comes in stoneware.) The toaster, coffeepot and microwave are red. Chairs have seatpads that are shaped like red apples and the curtains are white with red apples on the edges. Serving pieces in red Fiesta ware.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Right now it's white, and I have Americana decor. This spring it will get painted a cream color and I will finally be able to rip the old, ugly border off and put up my Americana border. All my appliances are white & black.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I have no decorating talent. The main color is cherry wood color- the cabinets. The flooring has browns and tans, and the granite countertops are off-gray with brown flecks that match the cabinets.

Answer by Bmat at 11:05 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It's renter's beige. Blech. Not my kitchen though, so I can't change it. Maybe I'm allowed to, but I'm not going to. idk.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:08 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Moss colored walls, antiqued cabinets, and english ivy. It's more utilitarian and I have many very nice chrome appliances sitting out. I have ceramic tile and would do just about anything to replace it with wood. I hate ceramic tile.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:23 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• our walls are a butter yellow, trim is white, reddish wood cabinets. were not done with it yet but were doing Tuscan theme throughout the house.
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Country blues - with birds and bird houses.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:43 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Mine is light yellow walls with blue counter tops. We need to paint our cabinets next year(white) I love manetee's. So I have a few of them and they are a blue color.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I have a modern kitchen. Maple colored cabinets with contemporary hardware, black granite, stainless appliances, big stainless hood vent, island with large overhead pot rack, brick alcoves and niches' holding my double oven. My wall color is a light tan, rice grain to be specific. I don't do themes. I like simplicity.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 12:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i have antique cauldron's and old skillets scattered throughout that i got from my old house. also some carnival glass sets just for pretty's.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• its a nice stone colour

cabinets and counters are shabby 1970s - being replaced this year (YAY)

light fixtures and taps are brushed nickel.

black/stainless appliances.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010