Is the Dyson worth 500.00??

I am really tough on vacuum's so I was thinking of investing in the dyson..So does it really never lose suction and were you guys who have one happy with your purchase???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• ABSOLUTELY!! I love mine!

3 girls and me with long hair, dh is in construction (drywall) so our house is always dusty.

the day I got mine I'd vacuumed with my old one, came home with the dyson and vacuumed up a FULL canister of crud out of the floors and couch....

you just have to take the filter out and wash the dust out if it loses suction. but thats easy.

I'm still slightly obessessed with vacuuming and I've had mine for almost 4 years now.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:16 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yeah... it's so totally worth the money! Other vaccum cleaners are pure crap compared to the Dyson~!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Phht, I have to disagree, they are not worth the money. If you have the money to invest, and want something that'll stand up to major usage, get a Kirby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• they r great if u have pets but if u shop around u can get one cheaper
    Anonymous

• I love Dyson! We also have had the Kirby and it wasn't as good. It always had to be repaired for one thing or another, usually some manufacturers defect so they paid for it but still it was a hassle. Yes shop around and try to find a good deal on it.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 8:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have only had it for 6 months, but I bought a $200 Eureka (it's lime green and has an Arm&Hammer filtraion system, I don't recall the exact name off the top of my head). It works great. I can't believe how much it pulls off my carpet sometimes. I vacuumed the whole house the other day and had to empty the canister mid-way through. We have a dog that sheds a lot though. That is why I invested in it, and I don't regret my choice yet.

honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• YES! :loved mone.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have the dyson animal ball I think the model # is dc17. When I bought it, it was 400.00 and I used a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon. This was about 4 years ago, I still love it. Anyway I was at best buy and the same one is now selling for 250.00.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Put it this way .. How much money have you already spent on vacuum cleaners? Dyson will be your last.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't know about Dyson- but the Kirby we have cost us 1700.00
    Hubby called me at work and was like " I just bought a kirby!" from some sles guy who jsut randomly knocked on the door -I was SO PISSED
    he thinks it is the greatest thing ever and I freaking hate it- it is SO heavy and you have to order the parts and bags...bleh
    I think I would have rather tried a Dyson : )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010