how do i keep a clean house?

I have a 5,3,and 2 year old and i am a perfectionist and like a reasonably clean house. We are moving to a nice townhouse soon and would like to keep it clean. I make them clean up their toys and messes but how many toys is too much. The kids have 2 bins of toys but still seems too much and i have taken toys away before. Help!!!

Brasilmama

Asked by Brasilmama at 11:06 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've found it helpful to have different play areas with a reasonable amount of toys in each. And they need to clean up one area before leaving it for the next. My daughters are just 16 months and 2.5 years, but we're trying to insist on this as much as possible. Keeping some things put away in the closet for awhile helps, too. If they ask for it or seem bored with their options, you can pull those things out and it's a little like Christmas. I don't know if that would still work for kids your kids' ages, but it keeps things limited, too.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Don't take them with you when you move. J/K. Get smaller bins and sort the toys by type. Put pictures on the bins for the ones that can't read yet. This will keep them from dumping one big bin when they are looking for something.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 10:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2010