My baby has tummy trouble

So...I have tried everything!!! My pediatrician gave me levcin (spelled wrong maybe) she has gripe water, little tummy's gas med, mylicon, sugar water and ummm yeah thats it. So she also has acid reflux and takes prevacid everyday. Oh and she is on a special predigested formula with rice cereal added (bc of the reflux) The thing is she is having trouble getting a poo diaper (i think bc of the rice cereal) Now my question is has anyone tried prune juice or apple juice for a 2 month old baby? Thanks!

Wintersmom09

Asked by Wintersmom09 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she already has reflux something like apple juice can just make it worse. I know as an adult, apple juice gives me bad heartburn sometimes. Can you use a pre-digested formula withOUT rice cereal added?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My doctor told me to give my son pear juice when my son was having trouble pooping. At most is 4 oz a day. I usualy mix it with water so 2oz of juice and 2oz of water. It worked wonders for my son. And just so you know it dosnt take much of it to give them the runs so make sure you dont give to much of it. I hope things get better.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yup, my daughter was 6 weeks when we started the prune juice. I would put half an ounce in 1 bottle a day and it kept her poops nice and regular. Before, she was pooping little marbles. When they start fruits, you will find that helps out a ton and you will not have to do prune juice anymore. Good luck
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Thanks for the help ladies! =)
    Wintersmom09

Answer by Wintersmom09 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Have you thought about relactating? Breastmilk is a natural laxative. Even predigested formula can make it hard for a baby to poop. Even if you don't breastfeed full time I could make things a whole lot more pleasant for you both. Just take it under consideration. http://www.kellymom.com/ has a lot of info, there is also a section on relactation.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I would look into a naturopathic doctor... your baby is on too many drugs PLUS the formula AND rice.... too much for a 2 month old baby to handle. Also you might want to delay vaccinations.... a lot of times the side effects are digestive issues. Read the book Vaccines: Are They Safe & Effective by Neil Z Miller....

I was also add a daily probiotic to your babe's formula. We use Udo's but check out yoru local health food store. http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/Canada/Products/TG8.htm
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I haven't done the juice but if Katelyn is a little constipated (as in poop that looks like pellets) I will put about a teaspoon of Karo Syrup in her next bottle and that has helped. She also is on Enfamil Gentlease formula for her gas, which has helped a lot.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2010