Pickle Juice

Is it true that pickle juice helps you lose weight because of the vinegar?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think not. It's loaded with sodium.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• only by the fact that it's likely to make you vomit!

try exercise and eating healthy instead of some crazy fad diet like drinking pickle juice!
    Anonymous

• I don't want to try it. I just wanted to know if it worked. I remember a girl at work telling me she drank it for a week and she was able to lose some weight. I'm surprised that the salt content didn't seriously damage her body.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• That's a load of crap. You can't consume something and lose weight.

Pickle juice can help rehydrate some people, like people who have lost a tremendous amount of salts. It can help you retain water. So 4 oz of pickle juice followed by a liter of water can give you a fluid boost after a really hard sweaty work out.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:54 AM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You are better off just putting a table of raw apple cider vineagar in a glass of water to avoid the salt. It is good for you, and may encourage weight loss, yes.
    Anonymous

• It can help you loose weight... by giving you the shits... when i was preggo I CRAVED pickle juice.. i drank a jar a day.. and lost 11lbs in a week... I stopped doing that... but Ive also done it when i was like 16, I just LOVE pickle juice, and it "flushes" you out..lol... so yes you can loose weight, but no its not healthy at all and only temporary...
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010