Immunizations....

Does anyone have a good alternate schedule that would start at 2 years of age? And, also a good way to tell your pediatrician that you are going to wait to start your child immunizations at 2 years of age.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• Is there a site on-line, one that starts at the age of 2, and spells out all the vaccines? I am looking to print it out for when I go to the doctors.
    Anonymous

• Look at the Dr. Sears schedule, see if that helps. Just flat out tell your ped. You are the parent.
    Anonymous

• It seems to me that his schedule starts at 2 months, is there one that starts at 2 years?
    Anonymous

• This is what is required to enter school in PA as of 2009. Nothing until they are 2 years old. At this age pertussis is not needed and not needed for school either so ask the doctor about the DT instead of DTaP.

Age in Months Vaccination

24 DT

28 Heb B

32 Polio

36 DT

40 Polio

44 MMR

48 DT, Hep B

52 Polio

56 Meales only if available (only need one dose of mumps and rubella in PA)

60 DT, Hep B

64 CP
    Anonymous

• I posted the schedule, but want to add as far as telling the doc just flat out tell them you have done some research and would like to delay your child's vaccinations until they are 2 years old and give him a copy of whatever schedule you choose. If the doctor gives you a hard time then find another doctor. You have every legal right to not vaccinate your child at all if you would like and no one can force you to.
    Anonymous

• REALLY wish I had done that...good luck ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2010