When am I suppose to make the first appoint? I am late with one positive test and a 2nd negative.

I am really excited and I don't know if I am getting carried away. How many weeks should you be to make your first appointment. The first test I took was a faint plus and the second I took two days later was a strong negative. And I am still very late.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At 8-10 weeks. Congratulations!
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 12:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Its rare to get a false positive, but common to get false negatives. You should schedule an appointment with your doc ASAP to get a blood test done just to be for sure. The doc can tell you what will happen from there and can schedule an ultrasound to find out approx. how far along you are.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You need to call and tell them that you have taken 3 home tests 2 neg. and 1 pos. and they will set a day to get a blood test. Then you will have your first real appointment around 7-10 weeks. Good luck!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• This is usually what happens with a chemical pregnancy. You can google it. It happened to me several years ago. Positive test and then I started bleeding about a week later. Blood test showed a declining level of hCG. It's pretty common for women to be about a week late and not know why but it's sometimes a chemical pregnancy.

Hope this is wrong though, but a positive hpt and then 2 negative after is kind of suspicious.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• In our town the doctors offer a pregnancy test without a dr visit. Then they know for sure if you need the appt.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010