what is this pain in my thigh?

I have been having this short sharp pain in my left front side of my thigh and don't know why. It started about a month ago. It lasts anywhere from 2-20 seconds long. About 10-20 time a day. What could it be? Any help is apprecitated.

lilybug524

Asked by lilybug524 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• I don't know, but you really should lay down on the floor and do some stretches, it could very well work out the kink ;)
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a charlie horse.
    Lizzys_mommy13

Answer by Lizzys_mommy13 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I don't want to scare you and it could as well be something else, but I would honestly go to the dr if it doesn't get better my mom had a pain in her thigh that came and went and my grandma made her go to the dr and here to find out my mom had cervical cancer making her leg hurt she was in the first stage. I am not trying to scare you and it may be nothing, but I would ask a dr my mom also didn't have a pap in 17 years so that didn't help either. Hope it gets better
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Thanks for your answers. I have a pap every year, but the charley horse thing might be right. i read up on it and it said hormonal imbalances can cause it and I do have hormone problems since having my girls. I think I will be making a Dr. appt. just to be safe. I was worried a blood clot maybe. Thanks. any more ideas?
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010