getting the baby 2 sleep

what was/is your trick to getting your fussy ot tired baby 2 sleep?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 12:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd turn on water, shut off the lights, and slowly sway her back and forth. Now I can lay her on her tummy and pat her bottom and she falls asleep sometimes. She still likes the sound of water though.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• If all else failed, we would go for a ride in the car (even if it's only around the neighborhood) he would always fall asleep. But mostly a side to side sway while patting his bum or back usually worked for us. Goodluck!
    KatieMommy9303

Answer by KatieMommy9303 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Nursing, or slinging always works.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Rocking and nursing.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• heartbeat bear that mimicked the sounds of my heart, small blanket that I wore under my shirt for my scent, swaddling and a warm crib

Answer by missanc at 2:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• When all else failed it was him and I sitting in the rocker. I would sing softly to him and he'd either watch me, or just close his eyes and listen. I'd pat his bottom or back and we'd just rock there under blankets until he fell asleep. One trick I learned with DS is to continue to rock even after he fell asleep. For a few more minutes just to make sure he was asleep. If he wasn't and I put him down he would wake up. Then we'd be at square one all over again. When DS got older I'd lay him in his crib with a bottle and he'd go to sleep on his own.

With DD it's the same thing, but this is usually my first line of 'attack'. I turn on the TV, so I don't get bored or fall asleep (I fell asleep with DS all the time) and I just rock her and pat her bottom. It works like a charm most every night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010