Single mothers, do you ever ...........

feel that you will be alone forever? That you have no "soul mate" that you will never be married and have that "happy ending." I feel that way quite often. Just wanted to see if others shared my feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I felt that way a long time ago. Then SO popped in to my life about 3 1/2 yrs ago and now I don't feel that way anymore. I have no desire to get married. My freedom and independence is important to me but I truly think I found my soul mate. No he isn't perfect and I have no idea if there will be a happy ever after ending but I'm enjoying each day and finding out. I will say that I wasn't looking when life sent him to me. It just happened.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I used to feel that way. Now I'm taking care of us & things are going great, I really don't have time for a relationship at this point.
    Anonymous

• Soul mates don't exist, so don't buy into that Hollywood crap.
    Anonymous

• yeah it easy to feel that way..I know what u mean but hang in there...u and your child come first in your life love comes and go's so be thinking about yourself and your child then love..i know its hard to find true love but its out there somewhere give it time..i did now i got a great man.
    ashswigert

Answer by ashswigert at 1:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I felt that way when I first split with my ex,I think its a natural thing we all go through. But soon found that a man was not the only thing I wanted in my life. The most important focus was my kids and their happiness and I wanted to rebuild my relationship with myself and work on what kind of person I've always wanted to be. So wake yourself from that "lonliness" coma and map the way YOU want your life to go and the right person will come along and fit perfectly into YOUR life!!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010