What was labor like for baby #2??

Hi everyone,

I have a wonderful son hes 18months named Alex Ethan, he def. is my world. I went to my ob to get the mirena birthcontrol and found out that I was preg. and about 6 weeks, well i was shocked cause i didnt feel preg. and still dont feel preg. I was going on a guilt trip for 2 weeks crying and just worried about Alex.... well i have come to realize even though i didnt want this so soon im okay with it and alex will be a great big brother..... really scared of labor once again I was in labor for 3 days when i had alex... my waters broke at 2am on a wed. and didnt have alex intill Friday afternoon so just wondering to all the mommys how was labor with baby #2

THANKS JESS

alexethan

Asked by alexethan at 1:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very sudden. I didn't labor with my first, so I didn't have anything to compare, but I was expecting contractions to start, and then get gradually closer together, watching the clock, waiting for the right time to go to the hospital, all that fun stuff. But nope. I had my first contraction at 9:00pm, by 10:00 they were 2 mins apart. Had my baby at 5:30am, so not a terribly long labor.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Well mine was 5 1/2 hours shorter then my first which was 23 1/2 hrs and my water did not break right away. I went into labor and just like my first within 2 hrs was at contractions every 3 min apart. I also stopped dilating for 6 hrs like my first at 5cm. I got sick this time around but not with my first.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• my 2nd was a lot easier. My first child was back labor, my 2nd was not. for your labor fears and for pain management I HIGHLY recomend Hypnobabies(http://www.hypnobabies.com/). I did it w/ my 3rd child and I loved it, much more than the EPI's I got with my first 2 children. What is worse w/ each kid is the after birth cramps. With your first they r no big deal. But w/ each birth after they get more intense. And the tylonal and such they give u at the hospital does nothing for them. I used a product by Mother's Choice called Contract Ease. Here is a website that shows a pic of it http://www.thefashionablebambino.com/2009/10/02/contract-ease-providing-natural-relief-to-after-birth-pains/ I bought it from my midwife but you can buy it online too. It really does work.
    Anonymous

• With DS (first child) my water broke at 4pm and I didn't have him until 9:45am the next day. He got stuck though, so it's hard to say if the labor would've lasted that long if he hadn't gotten stuck. With DD I went into labor at 8:30 am. I thought my water broke, but I guess it hadn't. I was having just enough contractions that they let me stay. I had her at 5pm that same day. The labor was a lot easier. Just effortless. DS's labor was effortless too, but again he got stuck so it was super long.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010