i want to start a movement

you know how theres women who started the womans right movement, or rights for black people movements, etc. Well, I want to start a movement to protect people with tattoos & piercings from discrimination. I think I can make some pretty valid points and have lots of people to back me up. Does anybody know how I can go about starting this? Ive heard write to a congressmen but im sure theres so many people writing, ill never get an answer...

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 1:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you have a valid point. Some jobs do discrimination because there is a thought that people with tattoos are either felon,druggies and general untrustworthy. If you passionate about it and want to start somewhere, I would recommend this website:

http://www.care2.com/

You can write up a petition or see if they already have one on this subject.

Good luck!
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 1:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• There is a difference. People don't choose to be black or female. People choose to get tattoos. And it does say alot about them.
    Anonymous

• Seriously, that sounds like such a stupid idea. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• I agree with a previous poster. You choose to get tattooed and pierced to be "different". You have to expect people to treat you differently.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 12:08
    Anonymous

• Does anybody know how I can go about starting this?

Sell T-shirts at Hot Topic for all the other different in an absolutely identical sort of way to jump on the bandwagon.
    Anonymous

• I don't have a problem with tattoos, I wouldn't have one myself but don't think less of those who do. But there will always be a stereo type for those who do, I know a lot of people who judge by just looking and not considering the person wearing it. Classifying those who opt to have one, as low class and dirty. There is so much more to a person than the way they look, dress, etc. Judging is human nature, it always has been but verbalizing is defenitely an option that if used this world be much better for it.
    As far as starting a movement, people will discriminate regardless of any movement, you just need to show that the stereo types are not always correct and that there are a lot of nice clean people out there who don't fit into it.

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Alot of jobs including government jobs want the employees to keep their tattoos covered up when on the job.Anyone can see why or should be able to.Alot of people are turned off when they see it..I do volunteer work and I have no problem with covering my tat up ..well its in a place where it would be usually anyway BUT if it were on my arm id cover it when ness.Which wouldnt at all make me feel 'discriminated' against.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• People with tats can handle themselves, they know the judgement they will face when they get them. If I'm a business owner and don't want someone dealing with teh publick that say has a large tat on their FACE that is my business decision to make.

Most military men have tats, they seem to do just fine. There is a way to carry yourself....Get in where you fit in or make a new path

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• OOOOOOK, you do that. missy
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2010