Does Medicaid cover....

I am pregnant with my 3rd child. It is my DH's 2nd ( I was previously married) . We live on a fixed income...not welfare...SS. After this child I am done having children. Does Medicaid cover tubal ligations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It paid for mine.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I just asked my dd and she said it paid for her's too.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It depends on the state. Every state has different coverage and different requirments for qualification.
    Talk to your local DHS office and see what it covers, or go to your state's government website.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 1:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It paid for mine - but it had to be done while I was in the hospital after birth (I delivered vaginally so my tubal was the next day - if you have to have a c-section they'd do it immediately after the baby's out). The only thing I recommend checking out is making sure the doctor/surgeon and hospital both take medicaid - I'd be more worried about the doctor accepting it than it being covered honestly.
    Anonymous

• They paid for mine as well. I had to stay an extra day cause soon as you walk out the door.........they will not do it.

They waited to do mine cause they had a few scheduled before me, and my son ripped me ( I had a 4TH degree tear!!! Can we say OWwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!) but it may depend on your state......as others said above.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I am getting my tubes tied very soon .I had my 3rd son 7 weeks ago. I am on medicaid. In my state Medicaid makes you wait 30 days from the day you sign the papers to get it done. A precautionary thing because it is * permanent *
    Each state is different I believe...just ask your OB's office..they more than likely have the answer for you :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 3:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2010