My dog is a whore!!!

The title says it all. I have an 8 year old dachshund and she is my little fur baby. So I take her to pet stores, parks and different places like that. She's always been an attention grabber, but she's turned into a full blown whore! lol. The other day I'm in the pet store, and she makes friends easily, and up came another woman and two large male dogs. We were talking about the dogs names and what not.. Only to look down and see my dog with her butt in the air and her face in the ground.. butt facing the dogs. I tugged on the leash a little to get her to move and she finally did.. Next thing I know.. She's humping the leg of that womans dog. I was totally embaressed! Well, we just bought a little boy pekingese and she attacks him and humps his face!! As funny as it is.. It's embaressing when people over! How do I fix that? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pets

• they do that to show dominance
    Anonymous

• I agree with the previous post, they are only showing dominance. I am not really sure how to make it stop other than stop it when you see it.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• She is domanant. She is showing the pup who is boss. You can use a spray bottle on her if she just will not stop.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I agree with the pp's. I have a female that really only does that to a swing in the yard and 1 girl in the neighborhood, not sure why, but she has issues with only the two.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 2:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• She's being dominant. I spray mine with a water bottle. She likes to jump on my lab's back & go at it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Squirt bottles work wonders! My dogs hate just the sight of it, and will stop what they are doing when they see it.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Maybe she is in heat my female dog only does that when she is in heat she humps everyone and everything...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2010