is it too late to start exercising? and what yoga dvd is best?

I'm 31 weeks and I haven't been able to find time to exercise. and it hit me that I NEED to make time if I want an easy birth. what's best? and do I still have time t make giving birth easy?

dani_c

Asked by dani_c at 1:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can do squats. Just five at a time. Go easy on yourself and do them at a bathroom counter, so you have something to hold onto. Just incase you need help coming back up. There are some stretches you can do. Keagles (Keegles?), which is tighting/loosening your vaginal muslce to help strengthen it. You can do them anywhere without anyone knowing. Doing them throughout the day. You can also lay on your side with your belly supported of course, and do leg lifts. Just lift one leg up to a comfortable hieght and then back down. Do about 5 of those.

Remember this late in the pregnancy isn't such a good idea. Simple stretches are okay as long as you don't over do it. Stretches like leg lifts, squats, and keegles will help open your pelvis, bring the baby down, and strengthen your vaginal muscles. Look up "Pregnancy stretches" through google and see if there are more you can do. Remember, go easy on yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Many hospitals offer pregnancy yoga classes - you could call and see if they have a short, 3 month membership you could purchase - talk to your dr before you start.
    Walking is a great exercise that won't hurt anytime!

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• You might try getting an exercise ball and using it as a chair.

Some ways to have an easy birth: take childbirth classes, read childbirth books, have a homebirth, waterbirth, doula, no IV or monitor to tie you down.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2010