Do you believe that Christians are under attack?

Do you believe that Christians are under attack in our world today? do you sometimes feel that we are looked down upon because we believe in Christ? Do you think that our different Christian religions should start uniting instead of condeming (sp?)?

Just heard this recently and am wondering if other's feel the same way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that Christians are ON the attack. Not only to other religions, but to other denominations of Christians.
    Anonymous

• I try not to attack anyone based on religion. I do get upset with many Christians based on their actions and it sometimes comes off towards all of them. For that I sincerely apologize. But I get mad about certain Christians telling everyone who doesn't believe like them they are bound for Hell. I don't like them picketing with signs that say God Hates Fags and the likes of that. I don't like them using fear to instill faith in nonbelievers. So as long as you aren't one of those Christians, I will never feel the urge to put your religion under scrutiny. But for every true, good Christian, there's a handful of crazy, pushy obsessive ones.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I feel like I am attacked by other Christians at time. I don't understand it either. I know Jesus doesn't teach us to hurt one another like this.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 1:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, as a rule Christians ARE under attack. We have been since the dawn of time. Since the fall of man.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• But I get mad about certain Christians telling everyone who doesn't believe like them they are bound for Hell.

agreed! or telling them they don't read and understand the bible correctly.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I kind fo feel that way. I feel that there are a lot of religions that many people are tolerant of, but for the case of a Christain than its not tolerated. Just think about it, it schools chidlren are told they cannot pray, teacher are told not to preak their religious beliefs, but they can start a yoga class with no problem etc. (yoga is a religious pratcice btw, even though its been mainstreamed). Throughout movies other religoins have been glorfied and accepted, but when chirstainity comes out its been mocked (unless it was done by a chirstian). Throughout the world I hear more about Christians being persecuted than any other belief or religion.

This is not to say that there are other religions and beliefs that have been discriminated against, I just thing that christainity has been the most, which is not surprising (the bible says that the World will hate those that follow Christ).
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Christians make themselves targets. People aren't aiming for them, they look for things to jump into the middle of and then complain later about being persecuted.
    Anonymous

• You know I think that there are a select few who claim to be Christains who say hateful things to other, which is really sad, but you will know a Christain by the fruits they bare... meaning are they truely living their lives as Vhrist has them live their lives? Obviously the people who send a message of hate are not.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes there needs to be unity about the central truths of Christianity. I don't think it is wrong for Christians to discuss doctrines that we disagree with as long as we stay respectful. I don't like the division and animosity I have seen between Catholics and Christians lately. I don't agree with some of their beliefs, but I do benefit from learning more about their point of view. It doesn't change my level of respect for the Catholic ladies here. I especially appreciate women like erin who take the time to go point by point explaining her point of view without getting defensive or rude.

Anyways. I am also getting sick of people accusing us of bashing each other everytime we disagree. This is a forum designed for discussion and disagreement. If you can't discuss something without getting defensive or hurt it is not a good place for you. We need to stay respectful and be loving--don't cut off other members of the body : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Do you think that our different Christian religions should start uniting?

YES!

Phil 1:27-28...Conduct yourselves in a way worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that, whether I come to see you or am absent, I may hear news of you, that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind struggling together for the faith of the gospel, not intimidated in any way by your opponents.

Phil 2:2...Complete my job by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking one thing.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 3:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2010