Getting organized

Part of my spring cleaning is to get organized. Even though we will be moving into a bigger house this year, I still have to deal with the small space I have now. What are some of your organization tools?
So far I have put clothes we dont use right now into plastic storage tubs and have gotten rid of things we havent used in over a year. I am still looking for solutions to extra shoes (maybe a storage rack of some sort?), cleaning supplies, dishes (we only have 2 cabinets, and one is used for food), toys, etc. If you have pictures or examples of things you have in your house, that would be great!

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 2:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• To take up even less room with the clothes, put them into heavy-duty garbage bags (you can get them clear, or tape an inventory on the outside), and then vacuum out the air and twist them shut. They'll take up a whole lot less space. You can buy plastic bags made for this, but they're expensive and don't work any better than garbage bags...

Have only as many dishes as the people in your house need for one meal. That way, you're more or less forced to clean them after every meal --clearing the counters-- and they take up less space in your home.

Shop more often. If you buy groceries every few days, you won't need to store so much food, and you'll get to take advantage of the changing in-store specials and eat really fresh food all the time. You may even find you spend a lot less money.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2010