Sharing a room?

My two girls are 4 and 20 months. My 4 year old keeps begging me to move her lil sister into her room cause she wants to share and i told her i will think about it after she gets into her big girl bed. My question is how is it when they share a room? i am freaked out that one will have a fit and wake up thee other. Does anyone have kids around that age sharing a room?

LOVE_mygirls58

Asked by LOVE_mygirls58 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids have always shared a room, since my second one was about six months old. I have found that just like everything else, they adjust to it. Yes, sometimes one has woken the other one up, but not enough to where it was having an overall negative impact. Now they're 13 and 11, and still share a room, and I think that they're closer because of it.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 2:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My boys are a and 3. They've shared a room since the youngest was born. We have 4 kids so they're use to the noise. Everynow and then they'll wake each other up but usually the oldest sleeps right through it.
    OoShannonoO

Answer by OoShannonoO at 2:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Sorry I meant 1 and 3
    OoShannonoO

• My girls share a room. (2yrs and 6 yrs) My youngest actully sleeps better know that she is in her big sisters room. My oldest doesn't even mind her in there. She likes the company too.
    Anonymous

• If the younger one can sleep through the night, then they should be fine. Let them share, soon they will be a bit older and want to ship each other off to China, so enjoy it while you can! They won't want each other around forever.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My older 2 girls started sharing a room when they were 2 and 4 1/2. Now the older one (who is 9 1/2) shares with her baby sister (who is almost 4) and the other girl (who is now 7) shares with her brother (who is 8, they also shared a room when they were babies before she moved in with her sister at 2).
    The biggest problem we had was them keeping each other awake at bedtime. They rarely woke up in the middle of the night and my middle daughter is such a sound sleeper it wouldn't have mattered. She could sleep through a hurricane.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My sister and I are 2 1/2 years apart (she's older) and we shared a room when we were little from the time I was 2 until I was 5 and we moved into a bigger house. We used to keep each other up during nap time until my mom moved our dressers back to back in the middle of the room :) But we never woke each other up.

Answer by missanc at 3:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• My boys are 13 months apart and had only the option of sharing a room. It was rough when they were very small, but now they are used to the other waking in the night from time to time. They are 3 and 4. You will be fine.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010