anyone know the natural remedy to make my period start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I wish I did.. I haven't had one since August!!! And I'm currently TTC ! I have PCOS so sometimes it'll be months.
    Anonymous

• i have read that there is something in sweet potatoes that resembles a hormone that signals egg release. not sure if it is true, but i have a lot of kids!
    are you fit? do you eat a well balanced diet? no processed foods? do you sleep well? are you overwieght, underwieght? is your stress load too high? all of these things and more can effect your cycle.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I have a friend that has that. There is no natural remedy to start you period. You need to talk to you Dr about it and see what they can do to help.
    Anonymous

• This is for the PP...I have PCOS too and 2 periods a year. You can't ttc effectively with a couple periods a year! A normal woman has a 20% chance of conceiving a month under optimal conditions! It would take women like us FOREVER. I don't use bc and it took me 5 years to get pregnant naturally (we weren't trying but not preventing and I know when I am ovulating). The doctor can help you speed up the process and even then, it may take a year or more :(

As far as natural remedies go, I answered this in another question, don't know if you are the same person but Natural progesterone cream can help but not always. Prometrium is a prescription but it's a natural form of progesterone you take either orally or as a vaginal suppository. It's not synthetic like Provera. The good thing about natural progesterone is that you can take it even when you are pregnant with no harmful effects...it actually helps support early pregnancy.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 2:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, it is a little weird though, but it does work.
    You have to have fresh parsley and stick a sprig of it in your vagina and change it every twelve hours.
    Also, you must take up to 6000 mg of vitamin c a day without rosehips.

You can only do the parsley for three days, but you can do the vitamin c for up to a week.

I have tried this twice and it worked.
    Note: you will be very tired, and hot because of the vitamin c.
    & you may get very bad cramps when your period does come.

Please do not go over the days that you are supposed to do it for.
    Anonymous

• A tea of ginger and black cohosh will help get your period going. The cohosh tastes awful. I mean really gross. Do NOT DO NOT DO NOT take it if you think you may be pregnant. It can poison the fetus, not cause miscarriage.

A gluten-free diet helped me get rid of my cysts and I got pregnant on the 1st try.

Raspberry leaf tea will help strengthen your uterus. You can drink it daily, especially while pregnant.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I always had regular periods, but lately they've been very irregular I miss my period for a month or 2, my mom actually told me to take Molasses (organic) that helps you regulate your period, take it twice once in the morning & then one at night, it worked for me because now my periods are back on track =)
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/

try vitex!

Vitex has the ability to stimulate greater production of progesterone by the corpus luteum, which results in a shift in the ratio of estrogen to progesterone in favor of progesterone. One common characteristic of PCOS is a lack of progesterone.

This mechanism of action accounts for its effectiveness in correcting irregular menses, premenstrual menses, heavy menses, lack of ovulation, and even infertility.

In one study, 18 women with abnormally low progesterone levels were given vitex daily. After 3 months of treatment, 13 showed increases in progesterone and 2 became pregnant.

Vitex also tends to normalize the secretion of prolactin from the pituitary gland and can actually inhibit prolactin release by the pituitary gland, particularly under stress. Women with PCOS tend to have high levels of prolactin, which inhibits fertility.

EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i bought it at vitamin world, its a lot cheaper than on that web site!!

i havent had a period since september and dont know whats wrong....
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• "Answered at 2:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 by: Anonymous
    I have a friend that has that. There is no natural remedy to start you period. You need to talk to you Dr about it and see what they can do to help. "

and this is the reason we need to do reasearch on our own, because DR's dont always know and either do some people obviously!
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010