sex after pregnancy

How long did it take for you to have sex after giving birth? What was it like?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wait till my 6 week appt to get the go head from my Dr. With my first i tore so I took it slow. It did hurt the first time. But with my second I never tore and sex was great.
    Anonymous

• We waited 5 weeks, and it was okay, just took it really slow and made sure to use birth control!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 2:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I only waited about 3 weeks and I had about 40 stitches...It hurt a tad the first couple of times but after that it was just fine. I think you have to wait until u are ready
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i was naughty. and did it after 2 weeks..you are suppose to wait until after your 6 week check up. i didn't tear or anything so it was easier for me. but make sure he is gental. it is very sensitive down there so for me it stung a lil but it goes away after a while
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I was one of the happy little idiots who didn't know that there were any reason to avoid sex for the first 6 weeks, we were into it by 3 weeks. And, it was 'normal.' I had a natural birth with a small tear that healed within a few days.

What I didn't know is that most women's hormones have been torn into tiny shreds and are raining down around them: many ovulate several times in the first 2 months, which explains why most cultures have taboos of one kind or another against sex in the early post-partum period.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• It took us a couple of months before I was ready to try. Then it took us about a month or 2 to be back to normal. It was the worst pain ever! Worse than losing my virginity. But, I tore really bad and had a lot of stitches. I think I was sewn up too tight.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I waited six weeks to make sure everything was healed

Answer by admckenzie at 2:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I've had all c-sections. Didn't wait more than a few days with #1 and 2. Waited a few more days with baby #3 mainly because we had 3 by then and there weren't enough hours in the day to get it all done.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• had my baby girl a little over a week ago and have a very bad tear, so no penetration for me for a good long while but there are other options.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010