I am going to be honest . . .

I am getting really sick of everytime some Christian disagrees with someone they are accused of bashing. That is ridiculous.

This is a forum for disagreement and discussion. It is not a "sin" to disagree. It is not wrong to tell someone you think they might have it wrong. You are not putting a gun to their head and demanding they change.

Plus it is straight hypocrisy to tell someone that they are wrong to tell someone else they are wrong. The golden rule has been changed to "The only thing wrong, is telling someone that they are wrong."

I have also noticed that this is mostly addressed at Christians of any type, by people who feel free to tell me that I am wrong all the time!!! Get over it!!! LOL. We don't have to agree, or pretend like we agree. We can still be respectful even when we argue. It doesn't mean we are bashing. And it does not prove Christianity false either.

Does anyone else see what I mean?

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 2:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Seems like on here, disagreeing is confused with bashing. People get frustrated when the answers they propose to questions are not accepted and are too quick to toss out the ole' bashing card in response because their ego was bruised.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I mean I can discuss something in depth and still respect you in the end. I personally think take faith, truth very seriously as should everyone else. And if it is THAT important we need to talk about it. Maybe you will show me something I don't know, maybe I can show someone else something that they don't know.

Either way, I learn. At least how someone else looks at what they are doing--I better understand someone else perspective even if I still think it is wrong. That benefits me.

But I am sick of feeling like I need to avoid a subject I am interested in, because I will be accused of bashing.

It isn't fair!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• *** I personally take my faith very seriously.

sorry for the typo : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• i dont mind the disagreement, i just dont like it when they start saying that JW's are a cult and that i'm hurting my children, that is offensive and should stop.
    Anonymous

• here, here
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I couldn't agree with you more! There is NO reason for anyone - ESPECIALLY Christians to brow beat people. That is NO way to show the love of Christ. I do apologize on behalf of the faith - some people have no right to call themselves followers of Christ as they are acting more like the legalistic priests of ancient Rome - instead of the loving, compassionate people Christ has called us to be.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I dont usually argue with people online about religion or anything else. I believe the only way to heaven is through Christ, and thats my perrogative. If someone else doesnt believe, then frankly, that is their loss. I dont see the point in argueing with anyone though. Second I find it funny that the most progressive and liberal who want to be left alone or be publicly loud about not believing in God and suing people or cities for having crosses or bible studies in schools are the least tolerant people I have ever met. If they really want to be tolerant and want Christians to be then they need to start practicing what they preach. Tolerance is a two way street, that should be the new rule.
    Anonymous

• There is NO reason for anyone - ESPECIALLY Christians to brow beat people.

Do you apply that to your political stances as well?
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 by: Anonymous
    There is NO reason for anyone - ESPECIALLY Christians to brow beat people.

I absolutely do. I have no problem voicing an opinion - but will never be hateful or vindictive about it.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I totally agree with you, I will retaliate if personally disrespected, I won't take it sitting down, but I am all for civilized debate. It seems this is hard to do in this site, without someone starting the name calling. When the name calling starts the person looses are credibility to me, it means they can't intelligently debate, so they go for the jugular!

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010