first steps

i know i need to lose some wieght, and i really want to. im just so lost at where to begin. ive tried b4 and its not as simple as it looks. im sorry but i would just prefer someone to give me everything i need like the menu the work out shcedual. there are so many wieght loss things out there now taht i just dont belive any of them..plus im a compulsive eater i eat when im bored sad mad just for the hell of it. and when i tell my self not to eat after i JUST got done eating its stuck in my head all day all i can do is look at food to the point i just give in and eat more. then im upset cuz im eating and eat more...how do i change this about me..this is serious..please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• i loved "body for life"
    the workout plan was very reasonable...3 days of 20 minutes of cardio, and 3 days of weight training with pictures of how to do it.
    the diet was awesome!!! you eat 5 small meals a day! you are always eating, so this is good for us compulsive eaters.
    the best part was the 7th day...you eat what ever you want, when ever you want! so, you don't feel like you are always denying yourself...the worst you do is deny yourself for a few days!
    i did this years ago, and the author has since come up with a book just for women...i haven't read it.
    good luck to you and your goals!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2010