Help! Need pointers on getting started potty training my daughter.

Starting to potty train my 22 month old daughter and not quite sure how to go about it. This is my first time and first kid. We have the panties, the potty and the kid but not sure what to do. Did you use pull ups, did you just go cold turkey and just use only panties? What age did you start? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mrsmendoza2006

Asked by mrsmendoza2006 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we are curently potty training right now,she is 19months, i take her right when she gets up(i ask her do u have to go potty? and she will go right to her toliet( a seat that goes over ours) and sometimes threw out the day she will go in there on her own but if a show is on she doesnt pay attention and has an accident. keep her in panties all day thats what i have been doing.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Wait until SHE shows an interest.
    Anonymous

• I think you can start now. Don't force her to go, but introduce the potty to her. Tell her what it is for. I started potty training my daughter at about 20 months. I put books in the bathroom so she could feel comfortable while there. I also did a potty chart. So, when she went she'd get a sticker for going. I'd put her on the potty in the morning when she got up and try to be repetitous with telling her when to go. Every 15 minutes after she eats or drinks is what I did. I used pullups under panties for going out, so she could still be a big gurl, but So we wouldn't have a mess. At home it was only panties. Try not to get frustarted with her if she goes on herself this tend s to make them not want to go anymore. Nothing to drink after 7 I'd say if your letting her go to bed in just panties. Make her feel like a big girl. Then she will start going on her own. Hope this helps.
    MommyRuquiyah

Answer by MommyRuquiyah at 3:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010