Where can I get a bookcase?

Would like something white & cute. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ikea would be my choice. Or 2nd hand + a can of paint.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Depends on what you want it for. AC Moore has a really cute storage system type with wicker baskets to store stuff in. Craigslist is great - some of the stuff on there just needs a can of paint and you can get it really cheap! For little girls, I think the "dollhouse" bookcases are really cute where the case is made in the shape of a dollhouse.
    You might want to try an unfinished furniture place in your town if you have one - I'm big on wood as opposed to flimsy fiberboard.

Answer by missanc at 3:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• walmart has some cheap ones that you could easily paint.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Lowe's. Walmart. Meijer. Target. Kmart. Home Depot.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• We bought an old, ugly, solid maple one at a thrift shop for $15. We scraped the old paint, painted it a glossy white; painted the trim the same plum color we used in our living room. It looks fantastic!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• wear it again sam is a second hand childrens store that has everything from clothes,furniture,toys,books so I just buy what I need there and then when its outgrown or not being used anymore I go resell it back there and get something else. You can look online for your local second hand store.(or salvation army, or the women's battered shelter store,or thrift store) Then, its not so hard getting rid of stuff knowing that someone else in need can use it. Your not just throwing it away.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010