Are men and women built differently when it comes to work?

My husband's work requires alot of physical labor. It requires working grave-yard, driving alot of super large heavy machinery, and working in harsh weather conditions. There are a few women who work there, but not many, and the most who do are more masculine than average. There are a few that are feminine though. So anyway, my husband keeps teasing me telling me that I would never be able to handle it, and I actually believe him. So is it fair to say that he was "built" to physically work harder than me? Or am I just a wimp lol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd tell him to bite me.
    Anonymous

• Men are built differently than women and they are naturally stronger. Does that mean a woman can't do what a man does? No. With hard work a woman can do it.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• IF I need a cop to stand between me and a man who wants to beat my ass,please don't sent me a pissed off 95 lb woman. Don't even send me a 195 lb pissed off woman send me a man any time. There is just some things a MAN can do better then a woman. Sorry but it is the truth. Some things a woman can do better than a man...But please fighting,using your arms and strength to stop a fight HELL YEAH, a man can do more than a woman. Although a woman can DRIVE and wash a car better than a man....OOPS !!!!!!! sorry ladies but I can tell no lie......
    Kay2Kay

Answer by Kay2Kay at 3:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, we are built differently. My husband works a similar career - in all weather - climbing utility poles... It is the same issue with women being in the front lines of the military. Women do not belong on the front lines. Women by nature are more emotional and smaller built in most cases.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, and I think it is pretty obvious that men and women are built differently..ya know, with the whole we can bear children and they cant, we have vaginas and they have penises. When it comes to work though I believe that both a woman or a man can do the work necessary, but it depends on the build of the man or woman on whether or not they are strong enough to handle the work load.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• All you have to do is LOOK at men and women to see the Difference....

Do I think you could do that Job...Yes, I do...It would be HARDER on you then is would your husband...But that doesn't mean you CANT.

Oh, and Personally I would beat the hell out of my husband if he said that shit to me! Being an Ass is not funny in my book.
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 3:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Yes, men are physically stronger. Some jobs are just more suited for men. I'm ok with that. Other jobs are more suited for women. It's a good thing men and women are different.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2010