ok soo i have the paragard iud and i dont what to do .. im bleeding alot

ive been told i would have fewer and more periods but i changed my tampon 4 or 5 times today soo far... and i have clots .. is this normal ?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I bled for like the first 4 months when I had it. It is also an abortifacient, which I didn't know at the time. Just passing on the info...
    Anonymous

• omg really ???? i didnt know this! do u think im aborting right now.. omg thats scary ! after four months is up will it go back to normal? maybe i should get it taken out.. :( i just dont want hormone birthcontrol
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I don't know if you are aborting right now. All I know is that is doesn't necessarily keep sperm from getting through and/ or your eggs from being fertilized, but it does prevent the fertilized egg from implanting in your uterine lining. Therefore it is then aborted. I felt the same as you, I didn't want hormones in my body. and the copper IUD doesn't use any hormones. Later on, after I had removed it, I found out that it was an abortifacient, and it made me feel horrible for a long time. I cannot even imagine how many times I got pregnant and didn't even know it.
    Anonymous

• they doc told me that you will have real heavy periods and all that for the first 5-6 months! and thankfully iam so getting mine taken out but, heavy periods are the first thing that happenes, i have been tol tho that overtime you will no loger get one, that it will just go away, but im not sure of that!
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• But to answer your question, yes after the first 4 months, I finally stopped bleeding constantly, and i would only bleed occasionally. By the way, I don't mean to scare you. Ijust wish someone had let me know, because obviously doctors don't care to tell us.
    Anonymous

• wow yes .. this is very interesting .. this is good info .. very sad :( do u know any non hormonal b.c
    ?
    Luckyme3487

Answer by Luckyme3487 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I have the exact same problem you do! I have had it for 9 mths now and I am going into my doctor to get it removed. I have had severe bleeding and I didnt use to. My periods are longer, I cramp so much more. I am having alot of issues with mine. Good Luck.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    www.danishel.blogspot.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 4:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2010