Yes, this is another abortion question.

I will start off by saying that I am Pro-life. Also, I've never been involved in ANY abortion debate on Cafemom... I've read through quite a few though.

I think its safe to say that MOST of you ladies are great moms. I've heard a lot of wonderful stories here. Lots of love and smiles, as well as heartbreaks and tears.. all of which just come with being a mom. I'm just wondering, why is it then, that so many of you ladies are just simply fine with abortion? Why do some of you not even hesitate to say that it's ok to kill an unborn baby? There is absolutely NO circumstance where I think it's ok to abort a baby. Just curious as to how you think it's ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I like how Dr Brian Weiss states it in his book, that abortion is an understanding between the mom and baby that now is not the right time for the baby to be born. That's why I think it's ok. We can't judge others for their circumstances and their decisions. It's just not our place to judge but to be supportive.
    Anonymous

• I am pro choice because imo the government has NO BUSINESS controlling a woman's reproductive system. I also can never say if it is right or wrong for another woman to birth or abort, for I DO NOT know her or her life's circumstances. The ONLY one qualified to make such a difficult decision is the one actually dealing with a pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• it is not a life until it is viable, until that point it is a parasite... the world is over populated as is, and any pregnancy that is unwanted should be terminated. it has nothing to do with loving the children that we already have, or those that we potentially could or would, but with using discretion. someone who is not prepared to bring a life into this world and care for it responsibly should not, neither should someone who is not willing to take necessary precaution during the development of that potential life, to ensure its health. sometimes (a lot more frequently than actually happens) it is better to terminate, for mother and potential child.

we do not have "souls", we are animals, mammals just like all of the others on this planet, it just so happens that we are conscious creatures, which is why "humans" define their selves as above the rest of the animal kingdom.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I think abortion is fine as long as it is done very early in the pregnancy. I mean how can anyone call something the size of a grain of rice a baby, that's creepy
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 3:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I am pro-choice but that doesn't mean I want an abortion.  It can never be an easy thing to do, and I have taken active steps to ensure that I only became pregnant when I was ready.  However shit happens and if I ever became pregnant for whatever reason then I would have wanted that option available to me. Would I take it?  I don't know, it all depends on the circumstances.  I believe that every woman should have that choice and more importantly, for many of those unborn babies, it is the best choice.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I do not agree with abortion at all, but I do not judge those who do. I believe that a baby is a baby from the moment it is conceived, and that if you choose to abort then you are committing murder. But, that is just my opinion. I've battled with myself if abortion is okay in rape cases, and in the end, I do not believe that it is okay even then. God wanted that baby to be conceived...God wanted that baby to live... No one has the right to decide if that baby lives or dies except for God... Like I said before, thats just my opinion.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 3:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Im not ok with abortion, nor will I ever see any circumstances to justify an abortion. I have so many friends who have either lost babies or cannot have any at all. I have also had friends use abortion as a form of birth control and I think its just wrong.. Period! There are so many family that would die to be able to have their own baby and just dont get that chance. They are willing to go above and beyond to just adopt. Im sure you have all heard ever side of the argument, this is just my stance.
    Anonymous

• i had an abortion when i was 17...many moons ago.. but that pregnancy was due to a rape a very harsh brutal rape. and before the opition of a just in case pill was around. (plan b ) i wasent with a man before it happend and after it was done i found out i was pregnant and i myself felt i couldnt handle a baby at that time and from the way it happend. so i made my choice and live with it everyday and still all these years later feel i made the right choice for myself. i also feel its a women choice and would never judge weather they do it or dont. its there choice im not in there shoes as some were not in mine. back then i felt i was not strong enough to deal with it.
    Anonymous

• 100% pro-life. Absolutely no acceptations. My husband has been instructed that if something happens and he has to choose - to choose our baby. If (God forbid) I were ever raped - we have had that discussion also... we would have the baby and more than likely put him/her up for adoption.

A baby is a HUMAN BEING - at conception. I know of a LOT of 'parasites' living outside the womb... adults even!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I am pro choice as long as the abortion is done early. Especially with rape. I would NEVER carry a rapist's baby and YES, I do know what I'm talking about from experience. We DO have souls and souls don't enter the body right away.
    Anonymous