Brushed stainless steel appliances

If you have them, do you like them? I've seen them advertised and on TV and in magazines and such, but don't know anyone who actually has a kitchen with all of them. It seems to me it would look rather cold and sterile, sort of clinical. Do you get that feeling from them? If you do, do you like it? How do you overcome this? Are they hard to clean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have a fridge and stove that are stainless and my cabinets are a light oak and my counter is a multi brown color. I love it. I am currently getting ready to paint the walls and need to replace my dishwasher soon too. Oh and we have a stainless coffee maker and crock pot that sit on the counter pretty much all the time. It looks nothing like cold and clinical in there. Now if you went and made the counters stainless then probably. It is a pain to keep them clean though and I don't like the fridge because you can't put magnets on it (they don't stick), but other then that I love my stainless kitchen.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• OMG I love them, with cherrywood cabinets and granite counters they look anything but cold and clinical~!
    Anonymous

• My dd just put them in her home. They look nice. The accent colors of the countertops keep the room from becoming cold and sterile.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Our fridge is stainless. We are renting so had no choice. Honestly, I don't like it. It's easy enough to clean, but not magnetic, and refrigerator magnets play into my organization system. It feels cold and industrial to me. I'd rather have a homey feeling white fridge.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• They are disastrous with kids

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2010