Im a little confused

Im a little confused on something Leviticus states that we shouldnt eat unclean meat, but in Mark it says all meat is clean. Which is right? Can we eat all meat or not?? So very confused. Please help me. (Some people have told me that the old testament was writen before God and the new testament was after God, hope I got that right), so we can eat all meat.

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God was around at all points. It's that the old testament was written before the ultimate sacrifice which was Jesus Christ. All meat is clean and we can eat any of it because Jesus died on the cross for us. hope that helps you hon! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• old testament was before Jesus' sacrafice. After the death on the cross there is no rituals needed to get to God, just Jesus.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Because of Christ's sacrifise we are saved by grace and no longer deeds and rules.

1 Corintians 23-30 "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. But if anyone says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience' sake-- the other man's conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience? If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Old testament times God was establishing a people for himself. The chosen people was the Jewish nation. There were laws they had to abide by. When a law (s) was broken they had to do different offerings and sacrifice to God. Not to eat certain meats and a whole lot of other laws they had to go by. When Christ died for us all ( new testament) we who believe is not under the law by under grace. When we sin (just like breaking old testament laws) instead of the offerings and sacrifices, we repent and ask for forgiveness. Thank God for Grace.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 2:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Here is a religious perspective on vegetarianism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9RxmTGHZgE

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2010