How many of you live in chronic pain?

I am in moderate to extreme pain every day. I am wondering how many of you deal with this?

How many have chronic illness?

I am going anon, because I don't want sympathy...just an idea of how many women are dealing with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Health

• OP here:

In case anyone asks, I have several illesses. They are looking to scleroderma and MS for a diagnosis. Not definitive. :/
    Anonymous

• I have for years. I have an immune deficiency disease that causes leg bone pain, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, polyarthritis (all joints, something people with immune deficiency get), lower back problems, plantar fasciitis, and migraines. I don't take pain meds or nsaids. I take migraine preventive meds and meditate. I take meds for other medical conditions I have including asthma and allergies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• I do.

not internal pain really, but psoriasis - cracked hands and feet which means that just using my hands hurts. they've healed a bit but not completely.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• no. my dh is a chiropractor, i get adjusted regularly. we have several patients that were diagnosed with ms, that have become pain free with chiropractic. One had been on meds for years...she went off the meds and onto supplements, then weaned the supplements and came to my dh. she is doing great now! she is very physically active with her kids, and very excited about it!
    i am truly sorry for all people living in pain. i hope you find the relief you are looking for. sometimes, if we look beyond our medical doctors, we may be able to find new solutions.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• Have you tried an anti-pain diet? It is essential a vegan gluten free diet; it also involves eliminating nightshades (mushrooms, eggplant, etc.).

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had what I think was a stroke a couple years ago. Since then I experience body pain on a daily basis. The docs say I am fine though and there is nothing wrong with me. Not to mention the fact that I can exercise(that hurts a ton) and eat right and not lose any weight at all. IDK if I am just seeing the wrong doctors or what but it makes one feel you are going crazy because you hurt all the damn time and everyone says there is no reason to hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I was in an accident and from that I have a chipped spine and screws in my collar bone and screws in my knee. I have endometrosis (spelling sorry!) and a cyst on my sinuses. So yea.. I'm in pain every day. Constantly have sinus headaches, shoulder back and knee hurt daily.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2010