what is Lovely Bones about?

I hear about this movie-just wondering what it is about

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• A girl is murdered and it's about solving her murder. I read the book which wasn't impressive to me and I'm surprised they made a movie out of it. Maybe the movie will be better?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• A teenage girl is raped and murdered. It is about how her family heals, and also the component of life after death. She is trying to help her family solve her murder from "heaven" without being able to directly communicate with anybody. I read the book and actually really liked it. The concept is so huge to grasp (the way that heaven is described, the supernatural parts) from a book, I dont see how they could put it all into a visual. My guess is that the movie will be dissapointing compared to the book as always. It just wouldnt work as a movie IMO.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• The novel is based on a true crime. The supernatural stuff is of course fiction. There is a non-fiction book about it, but I can't recall the title.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2010

• The title of the book is The LOVELY BONES
    Anonymous

• read the book! It's pretty good!
    Anonymous

• The Lovely Bones is about a girl who was murdered and about her family coping with her murder and trying to solve it. The girl who is murdered tries to help her family solve her murder without direct communication. I did not read the book but saw the movie and thought it was the most amazing movie I have seen in a long time.
    mommylauren164

Answer by mommylauren164 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• If you read the book the movie is HORRIBLE. But if you have never read the book like the above person then the movie would probably be pretty great. Honestly the book was the best book I have read in a long time.
    ljpaszek

Answer by ljpaszek at 2:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2010